uses and protects any information that you give SwimFin Ltd when you use our website or make contact with us via email or telephone.
SwimFin Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
SwimFin Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
(We may collect the following information):
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Basic Account Information (Trade, Retail and Distributor accounts): We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a SwimFin Ltd account to provide a business name, contact name, job title, telephone number, email address, business address and delivery address.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction. This includes your personal details such as name, credit card information, and contact information which is processed through Worldpay or Paypal.
- Content Information: Depending on the services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in the draft and published content for your website. For example, if you write a blog post that includes biographic information about you, or if you have given a testimonial or review for our product, then we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the post publicly.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information:We collect information about your usage of our website – in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., which page you have visited on our site). We use this information to provide our website to you, as well as get insights on how people use our website, so we can make it better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Social Media
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- If you opt in to our monthly customer newsletters you will receive this on a monthly basis (you can opt out of receiving these emails at any time)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links through to other websites (Worldpay and Paypal). However, once you have used these (when purchasing through our webshop) to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. All other payment processing service sites have their own privacy policies which you are able to view on their respective sites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors:We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us – eg postal service and shipping companies. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to you (like payment providers that process your credit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Published Support Requests:if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms – eg ‘contact us’ form online), we reserve the right to share that request internally in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support your enquiry.
- General Enquiries – SwimFin only collects the minimum of data in order to assist in any enquiries.
- Data Protection Office – we have appointed an internal data protection officer. Please email email@example.com with any questions or enquiries.